Simple Mushroom Curry
1/2 large onion, finely chopped
coconut oil, for sauteing
6 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon tomato paste
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. Saute onion in coconut oil for 3-4 minutes. Next, add garlic and saute for an additional minute. Add cumin, coriander, chili and turmeric and continue to cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
2. Add water if the mixture becomes dry; do so 1 tablespoon at a time to avoid making the mixture too runny. Finally, add the mushrooms, tomato paste and salt.
3. You can add more water (anywhere from 3 tablespoons to 1/2 cup depending on the consistency that you personally want to achieve.)
4. Lower the heat to a simmer, cover and allow to cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add the chopped fresh cilantro.
I serve this dish over a plate of quinoa.
Serves: 1, Preparation time: about 10 min
- Welcome to my own little corner of the Web! I love my family and do what I can to leave as little of a carbon footprint on this beautiful earth we call home. We have become a paperless kitchen family! We make a lot of our stuff homemade. I love coffee and web browsing on blogs/facebook/pinterest, healthy organic (GMO free) cooking, and lots of kisses from Chris, Aiden, Coren and Mason...I am complete. I thrive to make our lives better. I have began a new stage in my life for my children. I want to show health to my children and what better way thru our every day life. I'm an essential oil pusher :) also known as a doTERRA Wellness Advocate and love helping people reach there goals that they never thought was possible. Come join our journey into the wonderful world of oils and reclaim your health and get your life back!