Simple Mushroom Curry
1/2 large onion, finely chopped
coconut oil, for sauteing
6 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon tomato paste
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. Saute onion in coconut oil for 3-4 minutes. Next, add garlic and saute for an additional minute. Add cumin, coriander, chili and turmeric and continue to cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
2. Add water if the mixture becomes dry; do so 1 tablespoon at a time to avoid making the mixture too runny. Finally, add the mushrooms, tomato paste and salt.
3. You can add more water (anywhere from 3 tablespoons to 1/2 cup depending on the consistency that you personally want to achieve.)
4. Lower the heat to a simmer, cover and allow to cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add the chopped fresh cilantro.
I serve this dish over a plate of quinoa.
Serves: 1, Preparation time: about 10 min
- Welcome to my own little corner of the Web! I love my family and do what I can to leave as little of a carbon footprint on this beautiful earth we call home. We have become a paperless kitchen family! We make a lot of our stuff homemade. I love coffee and web browsing on blogs/facebook/pinterest, healthy organic (GMO free) cooking, and lots of kisses from Chris, Aiden, Coren and Mason...I am complete. I thrive to make our lives better. I have began a new stage in my life for my children. I want to show health to my children and what better way thru our every day life. I am currently on a weight loss journey and I will be sharing my success and failures on here. I am here to motivate and keep me accountable to reclaim my health and get my life back! Enjoy the ride :)