My photo
Welcome to my own little corner of the Web! I love my family and do what I can to leave as little of a carbon footprint on this beautiful earth we call home. We have become a paperless kitchen family! We make a lot of our stuff homemade. I love coffee and web browsing on blogs/facebook/pinterest, healthy organic (GMO free) cooking, and lots of kisses from Chris, Aiden, Coren and Mason...I am complete. I thrive to make our lives better. I have began a new stage in my life for my children. I want to show health to my children and what better way thru our every day life. I'm an essential oil pusher :) also known as a doTERRA Wellness Advocate and love helping people reach there goals that they never thought was possible. Come join our journey into the wonderful world of oils and reclaim your health and get your life back!

Friday, June 8, 2012

Avocado Potato and Bean Burritos










Ingredients:

* 3-5 small red potatoes
* 1 small sweet potato
* 1 TBS coconut oil
* 1 cup diced onion
* 1 cup of orange pepper
* 1-2 TBS of fresh lemon juice
* 1 cup of fresh spinach finely chopped
* 1.5 cups of black beans rinsed
* sea salt and pepper to taste

* OPTIONAL: 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp cumin

* toppings: Avocado, salsa, tomatoes and cilantro

Because I cook for little kiddos I try not to spice up dinner to much for them but adding chili powder and cumin for a little zing is also delightful.


1. In a medium sized pot, add the chopped potatoes and cover with water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a medium. Gently boil/simmer for 12-15 minutes or until just tender.

2. Meanwhile, preheat a large skillet with 1 TBS coconut oil and saute the onion and peppers over medium heat for a few minutes. After boiling the potatoes, drain and gently mash them up a bit, leaving some chunks for texture.

3. Add potatoes to the skillet mixture and saute for another 5-10 minutes or so, reducing the heat if necessary.

4. Add in chili powder and cumin if you want zing and spice. Season generously with salt and pepper to taste.

5. Finally stir in spinach and black beans and saute until heated through. Adjust seasonings to taste and portion on large or x-large tortilla wrap. You can brown them in a skillet before topping. Top with avocado,tomatoes, cilantro, and salsa...or whatever you wish.

2 comments:

  1. Nice use of avocado. It would be super if you linked this post in to Food on Friday Series which is all about avocado this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking this in. I have put the title in for you. Feel free to add any other links about avocados you think people would be interested in.

      PS Next week's ingredient is cheese.

      Delete