My photo
Welcome to my own little corner of the Web! I love my family and do what I can to leave as little of a carbon footprint on this beautiful earth we call home. We have become a paperless kitchen family! We make a lot of our stuff homemade. I love coffee and web browsing on blogs/facebook/pinterest, healthy organic (GMO free) cooking, and lots of kisses from Chris, Aiden, Coren and Mason...I am complete. I thrive to make our lives better. I have began a new stage in my life for my children. I want to show health to my children and what better way thru our every day life. I'm an essential oil pusher :) also known as a doTERRA Wellness Advocate and love helping people reach there goals that they never thought was possible. Come join our journey into the wonderful world of oils and reclaim your health and get your life back!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Vegan Cake!

With my oldest sons 3rd Birthday coming up next Monday I have been doing a lot of research on cakes. I found an awesome vegan cake that tastes so good! You will love it. Promise!

INGREDIENTS:

***Dry Ingredients***
1 1/2 cup unbleached flour (I use unbleached organic flour)
1 cup natural sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

***Wet Ingredients***
1 cup cold water
1 tablespoon vinegar
1/4 applesauce
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8 or 9 inch baking dish. Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a small bowl (or in a 2 cup measuring cup) mix wet ingredients together. Add wet ingredients to the dry and mix with a fork or an electric mixer until well mixed. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.

VARIATIONS:

Chocolate chip cake: sprinkle 1/3-2/3 cups of Enjoy Life vegan chocolate chips on top of the cake before baking.

Chocolate cake: add 1/4 cup cacao powder to the dry ingredients. For double chocolate cake, sprinkle some enjoy life vegan chocolate chips on top of the cake before baking. Try using almond extract instead of vanilla for a nice flavor.

Spice cake: Add 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp allspice, 1/2 tsp ground cloves, and 1/4 tsp nutmeg to the dry ingredients. Omit the vanilla from the wet ingredients.



Banana cake: reduce sugar to 2/3 cup. Instead of 1 cup water, use 1 cup mashed banana and a little nondairy milk if the batter is too thick (I use coconut or almond milk).

All the cakes can be doubled in size. Use a 9X13 inch pan and bake 35-45 minutes (check with a knife or toothpick)


NUTRITION:
234 calories, 7 grams fat, 42 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams protein per serving.

1 comment:

  1. You really made my day. Thanks for sharing a piece of your life. You've got an amazing blog. More power to you:-)

    ReplyDelete