My photo
Welcome to my own little corner of the Web! I love my family and do what I can to leave as little of a carbon footprint on this beautiful earth we call home. We have become a paperless kitchen family! We make a lot of our stuff homemade. I love coffee and web browsing on blogs/facebook/pinterest, healthy organic (GMO free) cooking, and lots of kisses from Chris, Aiden, Coren and Mason...I am complete. I thrive to make our lives better. I have began a new stage in my life for my children. I want to show health to my children and what better way thru our every day life. I'm an essential oil pusher :) also known as a doTERRA Wellness Advocate and love helping people reach there goals that they never thought was possible. Come join our journey into the wonderful world of oils and reclaim your health and get your life back!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

5 Different Ways to Eat Avocados

I really enjoyed an article today from one of my favorite vegan blogger and she shared this article. Avocados are great in so many recipes beyond guacamole. Sometimes it just takes a little creativity. And just in case you’ve been avoiding avocados because you’re worried about the calories—don’t! Good quality fats (including avocados, “cloudy” extra virgin olive oil and unroasted nuts), enjoyed in moderation (say one quarter to one half of an avocado a day to get started), will actually store in your body as energy (and not fat) which helps you lose weight in the long run. Learn more about the health benefits of avocados here.

How about you? How do you enjoy avocados beyond guacamole? I have a few avocados ripening on my counter and I’d love to hear from you!

Chocolate Pudding

Breakfast Mango Guacamole


Breakfast Pudding

Watercress Smoothie

Raw Salad Dressing: Sunny Avocado and Basil Vinaigrette

~Recipes and photos are from Green Lemonade~

No comments:

Post a Comment