My photo
Welcome to my own little corner of the Web! I love my family and do what I can to leave as little of a carbon footprint on this beautiful earth we call home. We have become a paperless kitchen family! We make a lot of our stuff homemade. I love coffee and web browsing on blogs/facebook/pinterest, healthy organic (GMO free) cooking, and lots of kisses from Chris, Aiden, Coren and Mason...I am complete. I thrive to make our lives better. I have began a new stage in my life for my children. I want to show health to my children and what better way thru our every day life. I'm an essential oil pusher :) also known as a doTERRA Wellness Advocate and love helping people reach there goals that they never thought was possible. Come join our journey into the wonderful world of oils and reclaim your health and get your life back!

Friday, September 16, 2011

Pumpkin Spice and everything nice!

I am craving something pumpkin! I looked up recipes that I will be trying this coming week. OMGoodness they look so delicious. Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, Pumpkin Spice pudding/mousse, and a Pumpkin Spice latte homemade! We use fresh pumpkin in our house. We cook, puree and freeze so we have it on hand all year round. None of that store bought stuff yuck! When I make them I will take pictures and let you know how they turned out!
Pumpkin Spice Muffins (recipe adapted from Fine Cooking)

Ingredients

4 eggs
1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
3 cups pumpkin purée (canned is fine)
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 lb. (16 Tbs.) unsalted butter, melted
1-1/4 lb. (4-1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
2 Tbs. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 Tbs. ground cinnamon
3 Tbs. ground ginger
Pinch cloves

Preparation

Heat the oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, pumpkin purée, brown sugar, sugar, and butter. In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and pepper.

Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring until just mixed. Gently fold in the raisins. Grease and flour a muffin tin (or line it with muffin papers, preferably foil). Scoop about 1/2 cup batter into each tin so that the curve of the batter is even with the rim of the cup. (Refrigerate any extra batter in an airtight container for up to a week.)

Bake the muffins in the middle of the oven until firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted into them comes out clean, 30 to 35 min. Remove the muffins from the tin when they're cool enough to handle. Frost with cream cheese frosting (I piped using a large star tip)

Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe adapted from Pioneer Woman)

Ingredients

¼ cups Softened Butter
4 ounces, weight Cream Cheese
½ pounds Powdered Sugar
½ teaspoons Vanilla

Mix all ingredients on high until soft and whipped. Spread onto completely cooled muffins, or place into a large pastry bag with a large star tip and go crazy! Store in the fridge, as icing will soften at room temperature.




Ingredients

1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
1-1/2 cups cold milk
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1-1/2 cups whipped topping
Gingersnaps, optional




Ingredients:

2 cups milk
2 tablespoons homemade pumpkin puree, canned pumpkin or 1 teaspoon of Torani Pumpkin Spice Syrup
2 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute - you can halve this amount
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1-2 shots espresso (about 1/4 cup of espresso or 1/2 cup of strong brewed coffee if you don't have an espresso machine.)


I am so ready for fall, I day dream about walking through the falling leaves in Ashland drinking a pumpkin latte with the family. Scarves and hats! This mama is done with summer and really its not been too bad of one or that long I might add! But I miss the cool evening air and the nights getting earlier. I really dislike looking out the window at 8:30 and still see blue sky! Not ok with me at all or my toddler who knows that when its dark its bedtime. Whoever told him that needs to get a good talking to haha! Also when its 6:30am and its light out and the kids want to get up with the birds that not ok with me either. I finally bought the eclipse shades for the nursery. Blocks out sun and most noise that can come through the window. Its helped alot this summer, plus helps keep it cooler in there throughout the day.

I think its the pregnancy talking when I'm thinking and wanting fall so bad. If falls here then December is just right around the corner and baby Mason is due December 7th!

Once December 7th comes time can stop and I'd be happy. Baby Mason will be our 3rd and last child. I always wanted 3 kids and Chris never in his wildest dreams thought he would have 5, let alone 5 boys. He's a great father and provider and he makes me proud to call him my husband. I really need to take more pictures of him with the kiddos, but it seems when I have the camera out I focus more on just the kids so thats what I'm going to work on this holiday season. More pictures of the entire family because that what life is about right?

No comments:

Post a Comment